POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Isosurface 'water' but it goes concave : Re: Isosurface 'water' but it goes concave Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface 'water' but it goes concave
From: Bob H
Date: 8 Jul 2001 13:50:28
Message: <3b489d64@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <jgw### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but actually, y+WrinklesFunc doesn't
work -
> it's basically what I tried before (I used y-).  It looks fine as a single
> frame, but when you animate it the surface goes down.  I'm posting the
> animation in news:news.povray.org/povray.animations

Yep, that's curious.  It isn't due to turbulence being used anyway, checked
on that.

Using just the regular color_map as before it undulates up and down.  It is
as if phase effects the color_map or isosurface (or function) in a
unexpected way, as you described.
Although shifting the color_map as it goes might seem a solution I think it
more a bug rather than something to work around.  Maybe someone has more
ideas on this, like whether the behavior is correct or not?  Could it even
be related to the noise clipping?

Btw, the last sample of script had the function x,y,z written as x,z,y this
time so I put it back to x,y,z.

Bob H.